Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cold

the cold
it seeps into my bones
and I can't breath
for it's holding me
in its icy grip
like my fear
it has a hold
on my thoughts
and my actions
and the cold
chills me
so I can't feel
what you feel
but I try anyway
because it's the only thing to do
and maybe it'll get better
the frost will melt
and my heart will warm
but for now I'm frozen
in this icy sea

I float in the abyss
not ready to sink
but not ready to fly
it's obvious I'm scared
but I'm too cold to care
and again it chills me
it sinks in
so cold it's hot
and although I'm frozen
I'm not numb
my mind is sharp
all the details stand out
my mind is a crystal
and I see all the faucets
some are murky
with darkness and confusion
but most are clear
and I know
what I have to do

I have to clean up the mess
I've left in my mind
clear the clutter
and focus
the cold helps me
I freeze in motion
my life keeps turning
but my heart is frozen in place
can you help me?
will you free me
from this prison?
I need your help
to get there
and no one else will do
you'd better hurry up
the cold is creeping in
soon it will take over
and then we'll be undone

so if you're going to come
then hurry up and save me
there's not much I can do
so it's all up to you now

and if the cold does catch me
I suppose that's okay
I'll survive, I'll be fine
just a little chilly

No comments: