Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yet Another Unnamed Emo Poem

I’m sitting here
In the bright sunlight
How can I be so sad
Yet live in this sunshiny world?
When you get depressed
Aren’t the skies supposed to turn grey?
Everyone shares your pain
And the world turns ashen?
What happened to empathy
And living with the guilt?
How am I the only one suffering?
Am I really just overreacting?
Do I really just see attention?
If this is me pretending
Then what am I when I’m real?

I know I’m not a faker
So why do they say I lie
Is it really possible that they don’t know
Or am I just not showing what I feel?
Whose fault is it
That I’m this way
Or is it no ones at all?
Is it possible not to lay blame
And for things to just happen?
Or are we avoiding the subject
Because we’re cowards?

My thoughts turn over in my head
Oh look, the sky’s turned grey
I guess I’ve got my sad world now
Are you happy for me?

-Sarah

No comments: