Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Random Emo-Or-Not Poem

You say that I write emo poetry
well that may be true - tell me, what do you see?
I see a girl with no lack of sadness or agression
afraid to be loved but don't like possesion
I see a boy who's got eyes for one thing
he sees a good girl and gives her a ring
he's got the eyes and passion so she says okay
but once it happens it'll never go away
so she'll sit with the guilt and the worry and fear
she's lost everything that she once held dear.
the rhymes may be right but the heart is so wrong
how can it be in love when it sings that sad son?
is that all love is - a sorry dance or a jig?
or is there no love, only a sick, sexist pig
who steals your life and love and laughter
who won't let you be happy, not then or hereafter?
it it really that simple, or do we have a hope?
is there such a chance, or is it all just a joke?
it can't be that simple, when it's all said and done
or there's no point of the laughter, the love, and the fun.
I guess I'll find out, someday soon or someday later
and until that happens I'll say he's just a hater. ;D

--

It's kind of random and nonsensical, and a bit ghetto here and there, but I was high off cold meds last night and wrote a poem, so...here it is.

-Sarah

No comments: