Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Complications - Poem

Uh, okay, this really isn't about anyone in particular...It kind of started out like that but then I'm not sure where it went from there...feedback rocks!

Complications



Would you be offended
If we were going too fast?
if the adrenaline rush
was steering off path?

Would you be annoyed
if I had to wait?
If I didn't know yet
if I wanted to date?

And what if I say
that I don't want you back?
If I turn this around,
if I go off-track?

Would you still like me
if I just wanted to be friends?
Do we have to be typical?
Why follow social trends?

And if I just want a hug
would you take it badly?
Will you be nice
or will I leave sadly?

And can we go to the movies
without making out?
Can we just sit in
if I want to sit out?

And what will happen
with the pressure from others?
Will you still be mature
or make jokes about mothers?

Can I trust you to be
a faithful friend?
or will you be bitter
and make this the end?

If I made a mistake
and want to be done
can we still be cool?
Can we still have fun?

And if I wanted to stop
before it even began
would you call me a coward
and say that I ran?

And if I'm inexperienced
and you wanted to know
would you laugh in my face?
Would you let it show?

Can I be open
but not get hurt?
Can you be brief
but not be curt?

Would you cut me off
if I'm not al in?
I have so much to say -
where do I begin?

My feelings are jumbled
but one and the same
I'm sick of this pointless
silly old game

I suppose when I'm ready
I'll let you know.
But until that happens
don't make us a show.

Don't make us an object
of public display
don't laugh but don't pity
my hurt and dismay.

I'll be fine, I swear it
I can move on.
It may take some time
but it's darkest before dawn.

-Sarah

No comments: